- No issues discussed this week.
- Handle index out of bound errors during const eval without panic #61598
- Approved for beta backport.
Working group sync
Nikita Popov fixed a codegen issue with LLVM float min/max intrinsics on X86.
This allowed varkor to switch our min/max functions to use those intrinsics.
Nikita Popov is working on getting CVP nowrap inference reenabled in LLVM.
The list of blocking issues is shrinking!
Two major issues have had signficant work done on them:
- nikomatsakis posted a PR which closes a number of lifetime related issues.
- tmandry is working on shrinking the size of futures.
Work is commencing on the “async book” which will help explain how async I/O works and the async-await feature in particular.
Many more tests need to be written around the feature.
- This might be a good way to get involved with the working group!