Debugging Working Group
This working group’s focus is to provide users with a good experience when debugging Rust code.
What is the goal of this working group?
This working group aims to accomplish the following:
- Improve the debuginfo generated by rustc so that it is accurate and useful to debuggers
- Support efforts to split debuginfo from binary artifacts
- Better integrate with trace-based debuggers
- Triage the backlog of
- Increase the size of the debuginfo test suite and ensure we have good test coverage
How can I get involved?
If you are interested in getting involved in this working group, you should stop by the Zulip stream and introduce yourself!
- Desired experience level: Any
- Relevant repositories:
- Zulip stream:
What if I don’t have much time?
Consider re-testing issues in the
rust repository and leaving a comment to confirm if it is still an issue or not.
Resolved issues should also have regression tests added.
Are there any resources so I can get up to speed?
The rustc-dev-guide has a chapter on debugging support in the Rust compiler.
Do I need to attend any meetings?
We don’t have regularly scheduled meetings yet.