- It would be useful to be able to write a function to return an iterator or (in the async context) a generator
- The basic shape might be (modulo bikeshedding)
gen fn that contains
- Some question marks:
- How general of a mechanism do we want?
- Just target iterators and streams, or shoot for something more general?
- Some of the question marks that arise if you go beyond iterators and streams:
- Return values that are not unit
- Have yield return a value that is passed by the caller of
next ("resume args")