Many initiatives in the [roadmap] have an associated set of stakeholders. The role of a stakeholder is as follows:
- They are consulted by the owner over the course of working on the initiative.
- They do not have veto power; that belongs to the team.
- When they do raise concerns, those concerns should either be addressed in the design or discussed explicitly in the FAQ.
Stakeholders can be:
- Domain experts (perhaps from other languages)
- Representatives from major libraries
- Production users
Stakeholders can be selected in coordination with the async foundations working group leads. Potential new stakeholders can also get in touch with the owner.
One role for stakeholders is to give feedback on the design as it progresses. Stakeholders are thus consulted in course of preparing evaluation docs or RFCs.
Another role for stakeholders is evaluating the implemenation. This is partiularly important for production users. Stakeholders might, for example, agree to port their code to use the nightly version of the feature and adapt it as the design evolves.