This initiative is part of the overall async vision roadmap.
- Able to write
async fnin traits and trait impls
- Able to write "async fn drop" to declare that the destructor may await
- Support for async closures
|Author evaluation doc for static async trait||done 🎉||tmandry|
|Author evaluation doc for dyn async trait||done 🎉||tmandry|
|Author evaluation doc for async drop||💤|
|Author evaluation doc for impl Trait in traits||done||tmandry|
|Stabilize type alias impl trait||in-progress||oli-obk|
|Stabilize generic associated types||done 🎉||jackh726|
|Author RFC for async fn in traits||done 🎉|
|Author evaluation doc for async closures||blog posts authored, doc pending||nikomatsakis|
|Author RFC for impl trait in traits||done|
|Feature complete for async fn in traits||done 🎉||compiler-errors|
|Feature complete for impl Trait in traits||done 🎉||compiler-errors|
|Feature complete for async drop||💤|
|Feature complete for async closures||💤|
|Stabilize async fn in traits||proposed||compiler-errors|
|Stabilize impl trait in traits||proposed||compiler-errors|
|Stabilize async drop||💤|
|Stabilize async closures||💤|
This directory hosts notes on important design discussions along with their resolutions. In the table of contents, you will find the overall status:
- ✅ -- Settled! Input only needed if you have identified a fresh consideration that is not covered by the write-up.
- 💬 -- Under active discussion. Check the write-up, which may contain a list of questions or places where feedback is desired.
- 💤 -- Paused. Not under active discussion, but we may be updating the write-up from time to time with details.