|Time||11:00 US Eastern Time (see in your time zone)|
|Calendar event (with Zoom details)||link|
|Social hour calendar event (with Zoom details)||link|
The theme for this month's CTCFT is Embedded Rust. We'll hear from some members of the Rust Embedded Working Group about the state of the ecosystem, as well as how async Rust is working for embedded systems. We also have some people coming in from the automotive industry to talk about how Rust use is starting to progress.
- (5 min) Opening remarks 👋 (angelonfira)
- (15 min) A whirlwind tour of Embedded Rust (jamesmunns)
- A brief history of the embedded-wg and use of Rust for embedded
- A look at how developing embedded Rust looks like today
- A sample of patterns that are special to embedded Rust, or differences from "desktop" Rust
- (15 min) Async Rust for Embedded Systems (Dirbaio)
- We'll explore how concurrency is traditionally handled in embedded, and how Rust's async makes it significantly easier while still requiring no runtime, no OS, and no allocation, and what Rust improvements could make it even more awesome.
- (15 min) Rust in Automotive (cpetig, skade)
- We'll look at Rust from a Functional Safety perspective, and continuing to the AUTOSAR architecture. We'll also look a bit at what Ferrocene's role is in all this, and look at the AUTOSAR Rust bindings. Finally, we'll see what's next for this space.
- (5 min) Closing (angelonfira)
Like always, we'll be running a social hour after the CTCFT. The idea is really simple: for the hour after the meeting, we will create breakout rooms in Zoom. You can join any breakout room you like and hang out.